Jason R. Gray is back to take on modern horror classic It Follows.
In the podcast, we talk about
- a more realistic view of teenagers
- how the movie is about mortality more than about a supernatural STD
- Dylan’s anxiety about “nice guy” Paul
- the music, as composed by Disasterpeace
- how the ending may be a metaphor for sad marriages
If you’re looking for links to other things we reference, here are:
- London’s Hyland Cinema, Jason’s hub for independent cinema
- Dylan’s conversation about “nice guys” in Ex Machina with Caroline Diezyn
- a past conversation about “the city” in Adventures in Babysitting with Deanne Kondrat
- the soundtrack for It Follows
You can find Jason’s content, including a teaser for his upcoming short film Glass on the Liminal Arts website, their Facebook, or their Vimeo. Check out his other appearances on the podcast when we talked about Upstream Color and Under the Skin.
Check out the NetFlakes Patreon campaign to support the project and get rewards.
It Follows is also available on Amazon.